Responsible for developing and revising market driven academic programs and courses. Responsible for designing, developing, supporting and delivering campus-wide educational development activities primarily connected with annual and comprehensive program review processes.
- Conducts market analysis to identify marketable programming opportunities. Conduct research to assess the programs viability.
- Provide direction and lead the design and development of curriculum and learning experiences in market driven educational programs.
- Design (or redesign), implement, assess, and evaluate courses and programs through annual and comprehensive program evaluation processes.
- Work with and advise faculty regarding the development coordination and enhancement of courses and program design.
- Stay current with institutional and provincial policies, frameworks, and standards related to post-secondary teaching, curriculum, and quality assurance.
- Provide program and policy information to others and advise on matters related to implementation, process, timelines and deadlines.
- Work with the faculty to identify teaching support needs and develop and implement action plans on teaching related matters.
- Provide advice and recommendations to faculty, staff, and students regarding best practices in teaching and learning, modes of delivery, academic course and program design, accessibility, learning technologies, learning portfolios, and other teaching practices and innovations.
- Facilitate curriculum mapping for new program development and for existing academic programs
- Review existing academic course and program designs, provide faculty with evidence-based recommendations for enhancement.
- Develop a variety of documents including, but not limited to, guidebooks and rubrics.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education or related field.
- Requires 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of liaising effectively with internal and external stakeholders such as the subject matter experts, instructors, community groups, businesses.
- Experience in evaluating an educational program.
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices of curriculum design. Must be able to translate established methods and framework into course design.
- Excellent project management, planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple project at a time.