International Students

Cultural and social diversity is a cornerstone of Eton College, and essential to our long-term success. We know our international students make up a particularly important part of our school community and we are striving to be supportive and help ease the journey.
It is our promise that all staff and faculty of the College will work diligently to provide all our students with a welcoming and caring atmosphere where student’s success is at the core of everything that we do.
We are here to help you have a life-changing and inspiring learning experience with Eton College. Our team of international student advisors, academic and administrative team can support you with any aspect of your transition to Canada.

Visa Information - Canada

The following is general information. Visa regulations are determined by a department of the Canadian government called Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and are subject to change. Please verify visa information with the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate. Please note the following changes are relevant to those who apply for study permits, work permits, and visitor visas:
Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.

Starting December 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics), if you are from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
For full details, please read here.

Study Permit

Students do not need a Study Permit for study programs that last 6 months or less. However, they must obtain a Study Permit if they plan to study in Canada for longer than 6 months. These are available through your local Canadian Visa Office..
You may apply for a Study Permit even if you are going to study for 6 months or less. If you are coming for less than 6 months and are thinking of possibly extending your studies to more than 6 months, you should apply for a Study Permit in your home country. You can extend your Study Permit from within Canada, but you cannot get a Study Permit from within Canada.
You will need to include the DLI* number applying for your study permit:
Eton College DLI: O19330008162
*DLI: Designated Learning Institution

Live and study in a great city

Part of the student experience is living in the modern city of Vancouver and gaining easy access to a wide range of student services and recreational activities. Eton College helps students find accommodation near the campus through closely partnering with a search hub called Off-Campus Housing 101.
About Off-Campus Housing (OCH) 101
OCH is an online property rental listing service for students to find safe and suitable housing. Landlords are able to easily update details on their property, so students can have a complete and informative source.
From single bedroom units to fully furnished houses, you can find any type of housing here that suits your needs. All properties listed are monitored and checked by their staff.
At OCH, you can:
Solving your student housing woes and landing a cozy room or apartment is now easier than ever. Click on the website below to get started today!