This course will introduce students to the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to act as a successful leader. Students will be able to define leadership and list and apply the skills required to be an effective leader.
Students must complete an intake with recruitment team.
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature
- Student must complete an intake with Admissions team member
Online| On-campus| Combined
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define leadership and describe the attributes of an effective leader.
- Identify the different leadership types and leadership styles.
- Describe the five key elements of leadership.
- Identify and define the managerial leadership skills.
- Define the difference between leadership and management.
- Compare, contrast, and apply different leadership theories.
- Apply theories of effective leadership and power in organizations.
- Analyze the effectiveness of leadership styles in specific contexts from an instrumental, political and ethical perspective.
- Effectively lead a team.
- Adjust their leadership style so that they may improve their effectiveness in a variety of situations.
- Reflect critically on their own leadership style so that they may be able to enhance their own effectiveness as leaders.
- Adjust their leadership style to align with cultural expectations.
- Understand the role of leadership in creating an environment that is psychologically safe.
STUDENT PROGRESSION AND REPORTING
Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
To successfully complete this course, students must:
- Pass the final exam
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled classes
- Achieve a minimum overall score of 50%
|1||Types of leaders
Individual and the environment
|3||Learning to lead
|5||Leading a team
Leader as coach
|16||Final Exam and wrap up.|